Thursday, November 15, 2012

Project Thursday: Simple Fall Wreath

 I've been putting up decorations around our house the past few weeks.  Not just for Fall - but to coordinate with a Woodland Themed Party we are hosting. 

When I was almost done (with centerpieces, table toppers, bunting, floral arrangements and place card holders), I looked around and realized I had nothing to greet our guests at the front door. 

Time for a Quick and Easy Wreath Project

I found these straw wreathes at Walmart for only a few dollars.  I love them because they are wrapped with cellophane so the messy straw doesn't get everywhere as you are working with them. 

I picked up Two (because we have double front doors).  Next I ripped strips of fabric.  I had this leftover Osnaburg fabric from the table runners and buntings I had recently made. 

The strips were wrapped around the straw wreathes and glued in place as each strip ended.

Next I gathered up leftover fabrics (also from my table runner and bunting projects) including burlap scraps and felt bits. 

I made a few different fabric and felt flowers in various sizes.  There are so many great tutorials out there to choose from.  I used a technique similar to this one for the Orange loopy flower and a version of this for the brown felt rose.

The red plaid flower is made from a strip of ripped fabric glued in pleats to a round base.  I made the center by gluing rope/twine in a circular pattern. 

The hardest part is finding the perfect arrangement of flowers on your wreath.  I added some button details and green felt leaves for the finishing touch.  

The final step was hang them on the front door with a beautiful ribbon. 

I chose a Green and Brown plaid to coordinate with my Woodland Theme.

I like the simplicity of just a few flowers on the edge of the wreath, but I think this project would be stunning with the base covered completely with flowers. 

Other embellishments would be darling as well - like a friendly critter peeking out.

Or a tiny bunting draped across the side.

Happy Fall

Thanks for reading along...


Caroline said...

Beautiful wreath Karina. Caroline xxx

Margreet said...

This is just stunning Karina!
xxx Margreet

April said...

This is just too adorable! I love it! Peeps on free cycle are always getting rid of fabric scraps.....maybe I could save some up and get creative. My DH just said we need a winter wreath for our front door!!

LORi said...

WOWZA...this is AMAZING Karina!! I LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing!! ♥L

pazi.pazi.prste said...

Amazing!!! We often forget that sometimes the simplest and easiest things can be so beautiful!

Stacey Schafer said...