Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

The Pink Elephant - Creative Spaces


 

Welcome back to another special Behind the Scenes post where Ella's Girls are sharing their Creative Spaces with you!  If you've missed any of the previous posts, you can find them {here}.

Our next stop is with Nance Salkeld

______________________________________________

Happy Friday Everyone!  Nance here!  Today I'm sharing with you the place I spend about 75% of my time when I'm home --- my craft room.  I'm fortunate to have an entire room to call MINE for crafting, blogging, sewing, etc.  It's actually my second craft room here.  I had one in our basement but it got way too cold in the winter.  So, once our oldest got married, I finally talked my hubs into repainting Patrick's room and making it my creative space.  The top walls before were sponged animal pattern for my son.  However, as I have lived in a house full of testosterone, I had to claim some girl power finally, so I repainted pink and white leaving the bottom brown and notice, even the fan is pink!  It's a pretty big room with lots of stuff in it!  There are perks to being an empty nest! lol 


Some of the highlights of my room ---- In the center you notice a big island.  I confiscated that from my hubs' work room aka "man cave", lol!  I wanted to have it painted for this post, but with being out of town for a month before, it didn't happen.  That is where I do most of my creating and I can see out either window as I do. 

Just this winter I found that fabulous big four door cabinet at the Habitat Restore for only $50!  The Hubs helped me sand and paint it.  It holds ALOT --- all of my different kinds of paints --- acrylics, oils, watercolors, markers, almost every craft supply I own practically fits into those three deep shelves!
Above the cabinet I have my Big Shot, dies, stencils, markers, inks. That little shelf on the right side with my markers on it is another confiscated item from the "man cave"!  And then I personalized the wall with some pics of my boys at diff stages, photo of my family with my folks and some special mementos. To the left of the cabinet are craft cubes with more various supplies tucked away and to the right is a pegboard my Hubs built and hung so I could have more items readily available when I need them.  And on the back of the door is a shoe organizer where I keep my punches. 


My sewing machine and laptop sit upon the little craft desk in front of one window. Usually, it also holds a cat curled up near the laptop! Next to the desk is a bookshelf from my childhood and made by my uncle. I keep my craft mags and some photo albums there along jars of ribbons and then yes, the stuffed animals -- gifts from my guys.

On the wall next to the bookshelf I have a cube organizer with all my 8-1/2x11 papers stored underneath a bulletin board I recovered.  I also hung some fishing wire about the bulletin board to display currently finished cards. Above the fishing wire are some fave photos I have taken in various spots of NC. Next to the paper shelf is a toy bench, made by same mentioned uncle.  It was my childhood toybox.  I have refinished it and it holds ALOT of fabric!  It also usually contains a cat or border collie or both upon the seat most days!  LOL




My hubs also built me that wonderful wooden stamp shelf that takes up the entire wall by the closet.  That has to be one of my favorite things about my room!  Under it is an old dresser that holds 2 baskets of stamps (still organizing those), my printer.  The drawers contain ribbon, stickers, emboss powders, small paper pads.
 
My closet rounds out the room.  On the doors I've started using some adhesive magnetic squares to store some of my dies.  That will be continued to be done at a later date. The Hubs built ceiling to floor shelves for me and most of the closet contains photos, paper keepsakes, frames, scrapbooks, etc.  One day it may all be nice and organized in like containers and colors.


Nance Salkeld 
Soul Stampin' Designs





 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by! 
 
Make sure to join us next Friday for a peek into Joni Wilson's craft space!


 Ella and the TPE DT

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Great space Nance! I appreciate the time and effort you put into photos and write up...much appreciated and enjoyed!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous craft room Nance ! everything is fabulous ! I think I need to give mine a tidy up now, this puts me to shame ! :-)

TFS
luv
Lols x x x