Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Pink Elephant Challenge #37

Good Day to all you Pink Elephant Lovers!!!
We have some news to go along with our challenge this week.

First of all, we must report that our talented Carol, recently signed on as a demonstrator for a well known direct sales stamp company. She is having great success with her workshops and clubs, however their new policy has now touched her in England therefore she has had to make the sad decision to step down from TPE. All of us at TPE wish her continued success and best of luck!!! We appreciate all she brought to our group and look forward to peeking in on her from time to time!!! Thanks and Pink Hugs Carol!!!


On a happier note, we are very excited to welcome aboard our newest Design Team members,


Betty Roberts of The Scrap Happy Witch

I am a mother or three, and married to my best friend! I love crafting, creating art, and getting my hands dirty with paints, glue, stickles, inks, and any crafting medium you can think of. I often forget my dirty little fingers and tend to smudge my face, but I hear it's part of my charm. Love Halloween, I think about it year round. I adore my kids, of course everyone does, but I just love being a mommy. I bring it up because as a young person I thought "I never want kids"! I was wrong, now I want one more! My future plans include my own scrapbook and stamp lines, an online store and physical store. I did own a Scrapbook store before the birth of my third child last year, but I decided I was needed at home for a while. So, watch out internet here I come! In the meantime I am still very busy with the kids, crafting, and hosting and putting together Scrapbook and Rubber stamp retreats! It just combines my love for crafting and entertaining! I love helping others too, so if there is ever a project of mine you liked, or anything I can help you with please don't hesitate to ask! I am very excited and honored to have been asked by Lori to join the DT! It was just such great news for me and I look forward to seeing everyone's work and meeting all the DT! Thank you all for reading about me! See you at The Pink Elephant!

~Betty~


and


Hannah Boyd of Hannah Bug

Hi! My name is Hannah. I am almost 13. I have 3 little brothers named Landon, McCoy and Jussie and 1 little sister named Ella. I am a christian. I love painting, drawing, making cards, taking pictures, actually all types of art. I am homeschooled, so as soon as I get all my school work done I am free to create whatever I want!! My Mom is Lori Boyd. I was so happy when she and Ms. Robin said I could be on their fun Design Team. I was happy being a guest designer and joining in the challenges sometimes, so when they said I could be on the DT, I was VERY VERY happy!! Maybe some of the younger Pink Elephant lovers out there will find it fun to join us each week!! Thank you very much Mommy and Ms. Robin for believing in me and trusting enough to give me a chance!!!

~Little Pink Hugs~
Hannah


Please join all of us here at The Pink Elephant in welcoming these two very talented girls!!


One more thing and I promise to get on to the challenge.
Robin has created some of the cutest ever Halloween Digi Stamps...AND it gets better...she has offered them up on her blog for FREE!!! So, hop over, follow the directions and grab you some!!! They are adorable!!!


Now as for our challenge this week...as you saw above it is a sketch challenge. It happens to be the very first sketch I have ever designed. As I told our design team..."I don't know nothin' 'bout no sketches"!! I handrew it and then our wonderful Frances, turned it into what you see now. She "Robinized" it with Photoshop!! She did a great job!! Thanks so much Frances!!

Here it is...I hope you all enjoy!!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TPE Design Team Inspirations



Betty Roberts


Hannah Boyd



Trudi Wilbur



Tina Quinata


Lori Boyd

Challenges will begin on Mondays and Close
Sundays at 12 midnight EST !!
Winners will be announced on Tuesday Evenings.
If you upload your project to SCS please use keyword TPE, but also add a link to it in
Mr. Linky so we are sure to see it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenges are open to worldwide participants. All projects are welcome...cards, layouts, altered items and any other paper projects. To enter, post a link to your creation in the Mr. Linky box below. For complete instructions on how to enter challenges, there is a tutorial in the FAQs on the sidebar.

**note: If you have any trouble with Mr Linky, please just add your name and direct link in a comment telling us that you are having problems and one of the DT members will be happy to add your link so you are entered into our challenges.**

23 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Betty & Hannah, welcome to the TPE DT!!

Gisela said...

Hi

My name is Gisela and I like to take part of this challenge.
I hope the material which I used is okay and allowed.
On my blog you can see my card.
Thanks
Gisela

Unknown said...

Fab challenge with a wonderful sketch.

I have left my entry with Mr Linky.

Hugz
Dawn xx

Queen La Rubba said...

Hi,

I am hoping that I did the right thing. I joined the Pink ELephant group a few weeks back. Thi si sthe first time I have participated. Hope you like it!

Surf's Up!

Queen La Rubba

Betty Boo! said...

Thanks again for the welcomes! Everyone did such a fabu job as usual!

Betty

Paula said...

thanks for this challenge, made me have a good think about how to go about it!! have had to use my cricut design studio to get the right shapes and used all sorts of glues to put it together! very challenging for me, but I am happy with the results. plus the DTs work has helped me
thanks again
Paula x

Silvia said...

I am Silvia and I just entered my card for this week challenge. You have such a wonderful blog and a great design team.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Congrats to the new DT members, and thank you for the sketch - I really liked to play with this one!
I got inspired by Lori's gorgeous blue card :)

Pattie G said...

Hi everyone. Welcome new DT members and I must say your creations are fabulous! I have added my creation to Mr Linky and I am looking forward for your comments.

luv
Pattie G

Donna said...

I think you know more about sketches than you are letting on Lorui, this sketch is amazing and I loved working with it :) congratulations to your two new DT members :) my card is with Mr L :) Donna x

Beverly G said...

Hannah--It's so nice to see new talent come on the scene--Kudos to your Mom for her encouragement--My Grandmother and my Mom were always my greatest role models and encouragers. Hope you like my heart girl take on your sketch.

Nancy said...

Congrats to Hanna and Betty for making the DT. You ladies rock and I can't wait to see what you design each week. Thanks for another wonderful challenge. I really enjoyed all of the DT work...very inspiring..

Anonymous said...

Great challenge, I love the DT cards. It's fab that they all look so different yet still following the same sketch ! I've left mine with Mr Linky. Sue C x

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely sketch and fabulous inspiration from the DT girls! Jo x

Arielle H Gordon said...

I needed a wedding card & this sketch was PERFECT!!! All the samples are gorgeous, too!
Thanks so much!
Arielle

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a fantastic First sketch I saw it on my blogging buddy's blog and I just had to make a card! Beth aka BR-T

Emma said...

I think you have the wrong person as i haven't linked to you for advertisement or anything else, to be honest i hadn't heard of your blog before, which has got me thinking maybe thats what your comment on my blog is for!

Shirley said...

Well done to all the girls who won in challenge 36. There were some brilliant entries.
I have entered a card for this week's challenge.

Shirley

Kendra Heller said...

Such a wonderful Sketch, I can't wait for the next one.

Mona Pendleton said...

What wonderful & inspiring examples! Thanks for the awesome sketch! :)

Unknown said...

Lovely cards from the DT sorry im a bit late havent been over for a while really nice sketch.
Christine x

Anita said...

Great sketch...thank you so much for the inspiration!

stephanne said...

This sketch was fab, I love the optional layering, right up my alley, gorgeous samples from the DT and welcome to the new additions to the team!!